V3.png

B2B2C Event Management Platform

Managed project overhaul as a personal work project.

This project started out as request to simply change the navigation structure as management wanted to add more features. I had criticisms and recommended a larger investigation into the reasons and overall goals of changing a navigation. There was pushback on this as there were time constraints which management wanted to focus on.

I took it upon myself to work on the project in my spare time which ended up as a research project to upgrade the entire platform to a more modern interface with a better UX architecture. The platform allows vendors to create and manage events, organize ticket and voucher sales, track inventory, and to streamline cross platform marketing, payments and billing data.

Analysis and Critique

Analysis and Critique

The current platform is not user friendly at all, and has poor design language that does not easily explain content, features, or hierarchies. There is no standard system architecture or design language, and the features have been added with no consideration to customer usability. The system is essentially a hodgepodge of concepts, functions, and explainer text needed to solve the bigger problem of poor usability.

bookingkit_Platform-V1_00.png
Phase 1: Deliver as asked.

Phase 1: Deliver as asked.

I followed the direction of management and produced a number of options to fulfil the task assigned to me. The requirement was strictly a navigation change and that the content would stay the same. I tried to produce a number options that we could discuss pros and cons as far as conceptual organization, feature sets, and modernization of the look and feel, without stepping too far away from the current content look and feel.

Desktop Copy 10.png
Desktop Copy 2.png
Phase 2: Make it awesome.

Phase 2: Make it awesome.

In my spare time, I took a deep dive into the system architecture to understand the logic flow of the platform. I mapped out a structure to see what lived where, what was redundant, and what could be streamlined.

I determined that there was an underlying foundation that could be unified to present content, components, and features in a better visual representation. I began to build out a structure for the navigation and what a content container would look like.

Final Product

Final Product

After wrangling a number of pencil wireframes, I designed a visual interface that could work across all the types of features and a unified design language that is easy to read and has better visual organization.

* Due to NDA requirements I can not show more than these screens.

V3.png